High Efficiency Venturi Scrubber
Designed to suit any process gas requiring particulate removal, the Nederman MikroPul Venturi Scrubber’s classic single venturi design offers maximum scrubber efficiency through the simple four stage unit.
The design of the Nederman MikroPul Venturi Scrubber consists of a “wet approach” venturi, followed by a liquid entrainment separator. Dust laden gases enter the venturi and instantly make contact with the tangentially introduced scrubbing liquid swirling down the venturi’s converging walls. At the venturi throat, the gas and liquid streams collide and the liquid breaks down into droplets which trap dust particles.
This gas/liquid mixture passes through a flooded elbow, and enters the entrainment separator through a tangential inlet. Centrifugal action removes the heavy wetted particles from the gas stream.
As an alternate, when very large diameter separators are required, the liquid is separated by passing the stream through a chevron-type mist eliminator baffle. The dust/liquid mixture is discharged from the separator bottom drain and the cleaned gas leaves through the top of the separator.
- Up to 99%+ collection efficiency into submicron range
- Pressure drops from 2.5 - 15 kPa (10 - 60 in. w.g.)
- Adjustable venturi throat (manual or automatic)
- Liquid distribution by open pipes rather than nozzles
- Slurries with high solids can be recycled
- Handles high inlet gas temperatures
- No wet/dry line buildup
- Virtually maintenance free
- Lime kilns
- Minerals & mining (center photo above shows Nederman MikroPul Venturi Scrubber on autoclave vent for gold mining operation and rightmost photo shows four high efficiency Nederman MikroPul Venturi Scrubbers venting a tertiary crushing circuit at a copper concentrator)