Whenever complex foundry dust collection applications are involved, complete plants have to be built, converted or enlarged, the capacity of existing plants increased or the plant serviced – for the foundry industry, Nederman MikroPul have been first choice for many decades, with thousands of plants realized worldwide. Nederman MikroPul support their customers at all times, from providing advice on the design of dust collection plants by the company’s own highly qualified engineers, through construction, installation and start-up to a 24-hour service hotline.
Dust collection from melting furnaces:
Melting furnaces produce harmful emissions. The hazardous emissions must be collected and filtered, and the acidic pollutant gases as well as dioxins/furans eliminated in order to protect the employees from harmful substances, ensure cost-efficient production and comply with statutory regulations to protect the environment. For each type of melting furnace, Nederman MikroPul can supply a suitably tailored solution individually planned and realized to meet the customer’s needs. Numerous references document our competence in the following applications:
- Hot or cold blast cupolas, with extraction of furnace gas at the top or bottom, with additional oxygen injection, exhaust gases cooled by means of air-to-air coolers, with online cleaning of the cooling surfaces where applicable
- Induction furnaces, collection via hydraulic induction furnace hoods in all working conditions: charging, melting, holding, skimming, pouring and re-pouring. Emissions from magnesium treatment using the pour-over method can be collected either via the furnace hood or by roof-top extraction.
- Rotary furnaces
- Electric arc furnaces, emissions collected by direct extraction via the fourth hole cover and roof-top extraction
- Storage furnaces and channel-type furnaces, extraction for channel and forehearth with descending hoods, pivotable for easy access to the channels.
- Magnesium treatment stations
Dust collection in sand reclamation with resin-bound sand:
Shake-out grids, silos, sand coolers and separators, thermal sand reclamation and hall extractors with heat recovery
Dust collection in sand reclamation with bentonite-bound sand:
Polygonal screens, conveyor belts, oscillating conveyors, bucket elevators, lump crushers, magnetic separators, silos, used sand bunkers, sand coolers, mixers and shake-out grids
Dust collection from moulding lines:
Whether with or without flask moulding, Nederman MikroPul have realized suitable solutions for all types of moulding line: pouring lines, pouring furnaces, cooling lines, cooling stations, casting coolers, cooling and shake-out drums, shake-out grids
Dust collection in casting aftertreatment:
Shot blast plants and open blasting booths Fettling, manipulators, grinders, fettling chambers
We ensure optimum dust collection with the lowest possible volumetric flow, thus minimizing investment and operating costs. Nederman MikroPul dust collection plants are highly efficient and designed for economic operation. Compliance with the maximum allowable concentrations prescribed by law and the statutory emission levels is assured.